Since we’re being such goodie-goodies and we’re studying very hard for our exams right now, we don’t have time to take any pictures for our blog. But, fortunately we still have some pictures, which were too lazy to upload before, so now that laziness pays off (love it when that happens)! These pictures were taken at the Sinology Oscars. Every year the students who are in their second year of sinology have to make a Chinese movie. Afterwards the school organizes a kind of ‘Sinology Oscars’ where the movies are shown and everybody has to vote. There are ambassadors and people from the Chinese radio and everything. It’s really fun! Last year we won all the prizes, yay for us! You can check out our speech HERE and watch our movie HERE (or with Dutch subtitles HERE). If you want to watch the two of us cursing at each other in Chinese, skip to the scene which starts at 15:22. And we sing a song in the end, haha! If you don’t speak Chinese, nor Dutch, just watch the trailers below!
We had such a good time shooting that movie, if we’d have less homework we’d make another one! This year our dear Friend Laura and her friends had to make a movie and they also won a prize, yay for them!
Here are some pictures of us at this year’s oscars. As usual, Jade couldn’t help herself from dancing acting a little silly. Check out the pretty orchid in her hair though, it’s cute! We also had some group pictures taken. ^^
Last year, we also had a picture taken for our movie, check it out! (Photographer: Wim Knapen)
So after our last “It’s over!” post, I started to remember some nice moments from the past three years. Because right now, I’ve had it with school, but nevertheless, there are also some great memories to cherish. Here is a list describing 28 things that made the past three years awesome for me:
1. Writing my first assignment in Chinese and feeling super duper proud of it
2. When doing the dishes with my boyfriend ended up like this
3. The time we drew ourselves as pirates, went to one of our teachers and used the drawings to tell a story to her
4. The time I went to the Stephen Hawking lecture in the park
5. When Skyrim was released and I played it for a couple days straight
6. When we took our school assignment about Christmas to another level by dressing up and playing Christmas music in class while doing our lecture.
7. When we had our first girls’ night
8. The first time I got to put a Christmas tree in my own apartment
9. The time Laura’s face did this
10. The time we did our nails and mine were pac-man themed (epic)
11. The time we took our first Tall and tiny photo
12. All those times we had class in the MSI building, and always sat together the way friends do
13. The time we had calligraphy class outside because the sun was shining
14. The time my hair did this
15. All the classes we’ve had with headphones, where you speak Chinese and then hear yourself talking really loud
16. That time we won all prizes at the sinology oscars, and the fact that we had such a good time shooting our movie
17. When I practiced my calligraphy on the floor with Malteke next to me
18. That time we went to an art gallery and dressed up all arty farty
19. When I went to the library to get books for my paper, and felt all smart because of it (and yes, when that crazy woman on the street yelled at me because of my dumb blondness, but let’s leave that part out, shall we?)
20. When I was really sick and my boyfriend took such good care of me, and I then fell asleep while watching Buffy (notice the books from the last picture lying on the sofa, clearly they were used effectively)
21. When my boyfriend and I got fast food and I did this
22. All the times I was studying with Malteke (Who also thought my courses were boring and regularly fell asleep on them)
23. The rare couple of times this happened
24. The fact that there was pie (mostly thanks to Lai-Yan)
25. The day we got all dressed up in fancy fashionista clothes and went to Antwerp Fashion Night for free goodies
26. The day I threw my not-yet-21-years-old party (which was awesome, thanks you guys!)
28. All of our rehearsals and gigs
To everyone who contributed to the awesomeness of these three years: thank you. Thanks mom and dad for paying for my apartment and school fees, thanks Elvi for being my awesome pal, thanks Derian for being the best boyfriend I could wish for, thanks Nele and Matthieu for always being there even though you’re far away, thanks to all my other friends and pets and teachers and so on, thank you!
How are you all doing? We have some pictures we forgot to upload! It’s us rehearsing for the Students on Stage concert. It was super cozy, and since the weather was so nice, we went outside and had a drink on the terrace afterwards. It truly was a lovely day!
For those who regularly read our blog, this is all very repetitive, but still, for those who don’t: a while ago we entered a competition called ‘Students On Stage’ which is organized by our university. We got into the semi-finals (yay for us!) and those were held yesterday! We had a blast! It was a super tiny stage (even though it was at held at a very popular location) but all three of us got on. “Three? My oh my, I though it was only two!” Nope! It is only two, but for one of our songs we hired a very dear friend of Jade to come help us out. He normally plays an entirely different kind of music, but he had a lot of fun doing this for a change. Check out his own band’s facebook HERE. Thank you Matthieu! We also have a new favorite prop called ‘Rocky Rawr’ which we taped onto the synthesizer (you can see him on the left). And of course we brought the usual amount of flowers, clocks, bird cages etc. It was very funny, since all the other bands that played were rock or metal bands, our poppy sound came as quite the surprise for the audience. Haha, maybe we should’ve taken pictures of their faces instead of our own, that would have made a good series of photos!
We didn’t get into the finals (check out who did HERE), but still, we had a good time! At the end of our performance, one of the people who worked there asked us if we wanted to play in their monthly open mic, because she liked our music. Guess when that open mic was? Also yesterday! So basically, we were there all day. Which means we’re very very tired now, so it’s time to get some sleep. =)
Scroll down to see some pictures! You can see the three of us on our tiny stage, and the last picture was taken during the open mic. Enjoy!
Hello to all!
Here are some videos of us playing live, we hope you enjoy them! Two of the songs are new ones, and hopefully we can record them decently and upload them soon! Love, TNT
Sorry for not posting any sooner but we’ve been pretty busy.. Last weekend we entered a competition called ‘Art for Education’ (HERE is their facebook page). The concept basically comes down to this: there is an organization called ‘Art for Nepal’ and they organize fundraisers now and then to try and help children in Nepal to get the education they deserve. This time, they turned it into a little competition where the bands have to perform in a preliminary round before going to the finals. Jade heard about the organization from a friend and we decided to enter the competition. That way we could earn some on-stage experience as well as support a good cause! We wrote a song especially for the cause, which will be uploaded very very soon, so stay tuned! We hope it inspires people to help others out.We were selected for the finals, yippie! So on the 20th of April we will be playing there again. If you’re in the neighbourhood (by which we mean you’re either in Belgium or really close to it anyway) come join us there! It’s super cozy and they serve the best mint tea! Check out some pictures of us playing below, and stay in touch because we’ll upload the new song soon!
Lots of love,
Tall and tiny
ps: if you have a facebook account please vote for us HERE. Yes, we’re obsessed with entering competitions now, apparently.
We want to wish you all a horrible halloween!
To do so, we uploaded a new song today! It’s about the main character from the literary series: Where’s Waldo/ Where’s Wally (whatever you call him). One of our favorite pictures from these books is the one where he walks around in a vampire world. He always looks so happy, even though this is quite a terrible place. People are being tied up and tickled, yikes!! We felt like, maybe underneath the happy man with the striped shirt and the smile on his face, there is boy, feeling very very scared. So in our song, he is trying to get to the next page as fast as possible. But will he ever get out?
Now, before any discussions start, there is no point in going all: “the correct name is Wally!” because it depends on which country you’re from. We actually know him as Wally too, but thought Waldo sounded better for our song. : )
So enjoy our song,
and have a gruelsome halloween!
Horrible hugs and Slimey kisses,
Tall and tiny
ps: go wild on this gorillaz pumpkin carving game HERE!